July 19th 2020 at 10am
EVENT CANCELLED: Sadly we have had to cancel this years race. Anyone who has entered will be entered in next years event.
The race route
The race starts at the Hollowell Steam Show field then drops down to to the reservoir via Coton and into Ravensthorpe. We briefly run through Ravensthorpe before turning back towards Teeton, continuing toward Guilsborough before a 1 mile flat finish back into the site field. See the map below.
Note: We are NOT running up that hill that climbs from Hollowell towards Guilsborough. Our route is a challenging but much more runnable 435 ft of ascent.
The Teeton road between Guilsborough and the site is closed to through traffic. We ask that you approach the site from Teeton. To get to Teeton turn off the Welford Road at Spratton. The road takes you to a junction with 5 roads, you will see signs to the race field at this point. Print directions here.
If you need a postcode for SatNav use NN6 8LJ. This brings you close to the 5 road junction.
NOTE: You must be on the site field by 9:40am because we close the site to cars for safety reasons.
The map above shows the race route in orange and the road closure on the Teeton Road west of the race HQ. Please approach the event by following one of the blue dashed lines above. There is plenty of parking on site.
Some basic information about this event:
- This is an official England Athletics event.
- The minimum age of runners is 16.
- The race uses chip timing at the start and finish. You can collect a print out of your time at the end of the race. A full list of results will be available on the nrrevents.com website asap. Race numbers and chip timing tags will be collected on the day. The tags must be handed back to the race team in the finishing tunnel after the race.
- Its a hilly course run in the summer. Be prepared. If you are not in good health please do not run this race. Take care of yourself. We have first aid on-site but we would rather they had nothing to do.
- There are no changing facilities on site.
- We like to cut down on the use of plastics. Your momento will be a recyclable mug. Please use this mug for drinking water at the end of the race then take it to your prefered coffee shop the following week.
- Apart from the first 700 metres, this race is run on open roads. You must respect the highway code on public roads. ***We are not allowed to direct traffic***.
- No audio devices which prevent you hearing vehicles or marshals instructions will be allowed. Use of these devices may result in disqualification.
- Trophys are awarded to the first three men and women plus winners of each age category.
- We have no official cut off time but we would recommend a maximum time of 2 hours. The road closure ends at that time and there will be too much traffic on the road for us to guarantee your safety.
UK Athletics License No. 2020-39789
Road Closure Ref. TTO 19-20-w279
Route GPX Download
Certificate of course accuracy: Midlands Course Number 18/600.
Event email: firstname.lastname@example.orgEvent Flyer - spread the word
Raising money for Samaritans
Thank you to Hollowell Steam
We are hosting this event on the Hollowell Steam event field. Please visit www.hollowellsteam.com for information on the annual Steam Rally and Fireworks display.
Howkins & Harrison Estate Agents: Supporting homeowners, landowners, and landlords since 1888.
P: 01604 823456
A: 14 Bridge St, Northampton NN1 1NW
Martin Andrews Consulting Ltd: Flood risk, drainage and transport planning advice.
P: 01604 340544
Lewis Pesonal Training:
Supporting clients health and fitness journey with Personal Training, Bootcamp and fitness classes available across Northamptonshire
Ecologylink: A wide range of ecological services and technical advice, including site assessments, protected species and habitat surveys, mitigation design and habitat restoration management plans
P: 01954 231 375
A: 61 Middlewatch, Swavesey, Cambridge CB24 4RW.